Xbox Game Pass has become one of the best deals in gaming, providing access to hundreds of games for a monthly subscription fee.
But to get even more savings on Xbox Game Pass, many look to membership codes sold online at a discount.
Here’s what you need to know about these Xbox Game Pass deals and when to exercise some caution.
What Are Xbox Game Pass Codes?
Xbox Game Pass codes are digital codes that provide access to Xbox Game Pass membership. Typically these codes are for 1 month or 3 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, the highest membership tier, but you can also find codes for Xbox Live Gold subscriptions.
The codes are sold by third-party retailers, usually at a discounted rate compared to buying directly from Microsoft. For example, CDKeys frequently offers 12-month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate codes for upwards of 20% off.
Why Are the Codes Cheaper?
There are a few reasons Xbox Game Pass codes can be cheaper than direct membership rates:
- Regional pricing – Codes may be purchased in regions where Xbox Game Pass costs less.
- Bulk purchases – Retailers buy codes in bulk from Microsoft to get a discounted rate.
- Promotions – Microsoft runs promotions, for example around the holidays, that bring down code prices.
So by buying from third parties, you can take advantage of lower pricing not available directly from Microsoft.
Are Xbox Game Pass Codes Legit?
As long as you purchase from a reputable retailer, Xbox Game Pass codes are 100% legitimate. Major retailers like CDKeys and Eneba get their codes directly from Microsoft in bulk.
The advantage of these major retailers is you know you’re getting an official, unused code. Smaller, less reputable sites may potentially sell used or fraudulent codes.
To be safe, check reviews and only buy from established retailers. Also, beware of deals that seem too good to be true.
How to Redeem an Xbox Game Pass Code
Redeeming an Xbox Game Pass code is easy:
- Turn on your Xbox and go to the Microsoft Store.
- Select “Redeem Code” and enter your code.
- Follow the prompts to redeem the code to your Xbox account.
Once redeemed, your Xbox Game Pass membership will be extended by the amount on the code. So a 1-month code gives you 1 extra month of membership.
Tips for Finding the Best Deals
Here are some tips for getting the lowest price on Xbox Game Pass codes:
- Check deals sites like Slickdeals for any current sales or discounts.
- Sign up for newsletters from major retailers for coupon codes and flash sales.
- Time your purchase around major holidays when retailers run the biggest discounts.
- Compare prices across multiple highly-rated retailers to find the best deal.
Is it Worth Buying Discounted Codes?
For avid Xbox gamers who play frequently, an Xbox Game Pass code can provide significant savings compared to direct membership rates. A 20% discount on a 12-month membership saves you around $60 per year.
The more months you buy at once, the bigger discount you can potentially get too. Take advantage of a site coupon code and stock up on Xbox Game Pass to maximize savings!
FAQs Related to Xbox Game Pass
Are Xbox Game Pass codes region locked?
Where is the cheapest place to buy Xbox Game Pass codes?
Can you stack Xbox Game Pass codes?
Are there Xbox Game Pass codes just for PC?
The Bottom Line
Xbox Game Pass codes can lead to big savings compared to standard membership rates. Just be sure to buy from reputable retailers, find a good deal, and redeem your codes properly. With a little effort, you can save a bundle on Xbox gaming with discounted membership codes.