Competes in the X Games – 7 Little Words: The X Games are an annual extreme sports event that features competitions in everything from skateboarding and BMX to motocross and snowboarding.
If you’re trying to figure out the 7 little words clue “competes in the x games,” you’ve come to the right place.
A Brief History of the X Games
The X Games were created in 1995 by ESPN as a summer counterpart to the winter-based Winter X Games. The first X Games took place in Rhode Island and featured competitions in sports like street luge, bungee jumping, skateboarding, BMX and mountain biking. Over the years, the X Games expanded to multiple events around the world.
Who Competes in the X Games?
The X Games feature the world’s best extreme sports athletes across multiple disciplines. Some of the top competitors over the years have included:
- Tony Hawk – legendary skateboarder with multiple X Games gold medals
- Shaun White – star snowboarder with 15 X Games golds
- Travis Pastrana – motocross legend and rally racer with numerous X Games podiums
- Leticia Bufoni – leading female street skateboarder and multi-time gold medalist
The fields are comprised of professional as well as amateur athletes invited from around the world. Competitors must perform awe-inspiring tricks and stunts to win gold.
Major X Games Sports
While sports have been added and removed over the years, some mainstay competitions in the X Games include:
- Skateboarding – street, vert, park, etc.
- BMX – vert, park, street, big air
- Moto X – freestyle, best trick, stepped up, endurocross
- Rallying – rallycross, RallyCar racing
- Snowboarding – superpipe, slopestyle, big air
Within each sport, there are men’s and women’s divisions. The competition formats involve timed runs or head-to-head jam sessions judged on difficulty, originality and execution.
Some iconic highlights in X Games history:
- Tony Hawk completing the first ever 900 (2.5 aerial spins) in skateboard vert in 1999
- Travis Pastrana winning gold in Moto X freestyle and rally racing in 2006
- Shaun White landing the first double McTwist 1260 in the snowboard superpipe in 2009
- Leticia Bufoni becoming the first woman to land a 1080 (3 full aerial spins) in skateboard vert in 2017
The X Games continue to push the progression of action sports year after year through the incredible talents of the world-class competitors.
The X Games are the pinnacle events in extreme sports, featuring the top athletes in everything from skateboarding to snowmobiling. If you’re trying to solve the crossword puzzle clue “competes in the x games,” any of the pros and amateurs who ride and fly at the X Games fit the answer. It takes incredible skill, courage and creativity to reach the podium and take home X Games gold.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the X Games?
Who competes in the X Games?
How often do the X Games take place?
What are some of the most popular X Games sports?
Where are the X Games held?
I hope this detailed article helps explain what the X Games are and who competes in this prestigious extreme sports competition. Let me know if you have any other questions!